Saturday, March 05, 2005

a world of ups and downs(my life is a soap opera)

it's been probably two weeks since i updated....i guess it's that time

the last week has been night and day, heaven and hell…briefly to speak of…

monday – i felt kinda sick and with the two hour delay my dad just told me i could stay home from school…by the afternoon I felt better and went to work…not much else to speak of
tuesday – had I posted this earlier in the week I might have changed my opinion on what we did at practice…we shot 7’s and 10’s all day which I find now to be ridiculous b/c if you’re not shooting them on your own time then you’re wasting all of ours….as you may figure though, there is nothing good or bad, but thinking that makes it so.
wednesday- for whatever reason today I felt almost no pressure at all. It was the WPIBL Championship and since nobody really cares about bowling anyways, why should I feel pressure? Apparently the school loves us so much they gave us a bus that used to pick up mentally handicapped kids to drive to lanes an hour away. We arrived about an hour early but things didn’t get started until about 4 b/c of a major crash on rt. 28…the first game we shot very high(997) for the lane conditions, which just happened to be the hardest I’ve ever faced in my life. We went on to shoot 2647(176 avg.) and beat the second place team by 200 pins…we get the gold medals, rings, and championship trophy but in my eyes it was more important to actually do something that people before me have done….everyone’s always saying how great they are and how great their generations was, but maybe this will bring back some validity to ours
thursday- I decided instead of going to work I would go the girls’ championships. That turned out to be quite a good decision b/c although the girls finished 7th(great job!) out of 10, there was a tie for first place and a two frame rolloff resulting in an olsh victory…after the match jesse gave me a call and he and I went to south hills bowl to throw a few games and we saw brandon/chris hreha and rob marnik there, whom we proceeded to shoot pool with…after that I came home and just chilled
friday- I don’t really remember a lot of what happened in school on Friday, just that I was somewhat disappointed that we actually did work in European History…after school I went to work and became extremely pissed off that they were so disorganized that we got off 40 minutes late…anyways, after that I picked up erin and we saw boogeyman(sp?) which was surprisingly scary yet completely lacked a plot….so I get home and am informed by her that she wishes to be more of friends than anything….i guess that I’m a little mad b/c knowing that fourteen months age difference really doesn’t make much of a difference in the “real” world, but I suppose two grades does now…eh is about all I have to say to that, I guess it happens…perhaps a friendly relationship is for the best now…….
saturday- I was wakened at 9:11 by a call from work telling me that I was supposed to come in today(not on schedule) so I basically told them I’m not coming, and they said if I didn’t they would fire me, which I responded by saying whatever and hanging up the phone…in the morning I went to south hills for Saturday league and was pleasantly surprised to see us playing bradburn’s team…those are the guys that I used to hang out from travel league(before I was forced to quit)….in the first game I think there was still some tension about me kind of abandoning them during the first half of travel, but the choice wasn’t really mine….anyways, when they brought out the benches from the end of the alleys to pretend that was the crowd gallery that doesn’t exist, I had to laugh. I ended up doing very bad, something like 510 but it was fun so who cares…after that, I layed down for awhile and got a ride from my mom over to nick’s house to play cards…I started off the ten dollar game playing very badly and was faced with about 675 chips in front of me….i then proceeded to quadruple(or rectangle as garner likes to say) up off a multitude of people with pkt fours….as my chip stack grew, I realized I had to leave at 6:30 so it simply wasn’t going to work out…with three people left, and I having the shortest stack, I moved allin on a straight, but nick had flopped a full house…oh well…after that I attempted to make several calls but nobody was home, so I decided to get something to eat and was planning on returning to nick’s but I found out that I had to watch my brother because my parents were bowling that night…oh well….i watched about three hours of history channel(lol) and then talked to justov about possibly going to his house later(oh wait, I have to watch that damn brother of mine) so that didn’t work out…I guess when it rains it pours…..

a few side notes
- great job to the following people on Wednesday: pat with high series of 610, alan for leading us as always, jesse for being extremely consistent all day, brian for toughing out the lanes and coming up big in the third game, and bradburn and pj for cheering us on…and of course the whole coaching staff who has been there all year
- now the tougher one….erin, I can understand where you’re coming from…maybe we jumped into things too fast, maybe this, maybe that…I guess we’ll just have to see what happens…I still love you though ;-)
- this post has been very long so I apologize to anyone actually reading this

until next time,
matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home