Saturday, July 30, 2005

the base is....crumbling

i always found it funny that when i was a little kid my dad would always talk about guys from high school that he never saw anymore....i thought to myself that would never happen to me, because a lot of the friends that i had in high school i used to talk to and hang out with quite a lot....but today, i could feel it....we're a month away from everyone departing to college....jj is gone forever to florida.....kazour is off to johnstown, justov and ferg are goin to slippery rock, sadburn is staying home, stasny i'm not sure what he's doing, rossi is leaving for psu, gerner is off to psu as well, booter may be dead in arizona, nobody's sure, and there are countless other people that i could name that i'll most likely never talk to again.....tick tick tick tick, it never stops....

so today i was awoken by kazour saying that he wanted to play tennis in a match that would be him and i vs. tom and jj....we played and dominated them and then we switched teams and it was tom and i vs. steve and jj and tom and i were victorious in the tiebreaker....after we went to rita's and i got like the equivalency of chocolate ice cream in rita's terms.....after that, i went to the bank and to get my hair cut and then over to nicks....the game was enjoyable, we were only playing for real like half the time....i bubbled once again, lost 20 bux b/c it was a rebuy tourny....basically i was in a good spot to cash and cota doubled up and i made one stupid play after outdrawing nick with 66 v JJ, but he got me back later in the game by rivering a two outer 10 to take the victory in that pot....after that we played side games(mostly PL Omaha)....it was characterized by myself having the nuts and then having the second best hand on the turn and my opponent having the best hand at least three times to cost me big pots.....just bad stuff i'll tell ya.....i fought back and took down two huge pots, one against kloby and one against brandon....all in all it was a good night, i'd have to definitely say that my favorite person we play cards with is kloby......he's entertaining and he's there to play cards, not mess around.....close behind is gerner and nick for pure entertainment value....on the night i was down 40 but still satisfied....if i play longer i definitely make it back and then some....nick was up like 250 when i left and that's just crazy for him.....so after i walked over to kazours and him, tom, ferg, and i played poker till like 1250....we then saw keifer, went to a closed wendys, and went to bk where those assholes never gave me my apple pie.....we sorted through the food on fergs deck and we just chilled there for awhile until he left for the airport to go to florida.....so we dropped off tom and then kazour dropped me off and now i sit here, in front of my ancient monitor, typing up this lousy blog report and arguing with nayhouse about a pretty important issue.....

i really like this poem that i'll give to you....it's only a brief selection of it, the real version is much longer and contains elements that i don't think necessary to this poem.....anyways, my favorite work of andrew marvell....

To His Coy Mistress
Andrew Marvell

But at my back I always hear
Time's winged chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity.
Thy beauty shall no more be found,
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
My echoing song; then worms shall try
That long preserv'd virginity,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
And into ashes all my lust.
The grave's a fine and private place,
But none I think do there embrace.

marvell and his picture always remind me of booter.....i wonder if we'll ever see him again?

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home