Tuesday, July 05, 2005

the dog days

yeah these are the dog days of summer....i haven't updated since friday, so here we go

saturday- we had a game at robinson...my first time up i hit my best ball of the year...i guess i turned very awkwardly to look at where the ball had traveled and i snapped my neck...i felt it go numb as i slowly jogged down the first base line...it hurt like a bitch but i still stole a base, was stranded, then took myself out of the game....damnit, that's bullshit, i get a good hit and i injure myself doing it lol...eh whatever, the rest of the day i was stranded because i really couldn't do anything
sunday- my neck was feeling a little better...and it had to because i was taking my brother to his game at 4 o clock...the situation was this: if they won, they'd play at 8(no no no no no) but if they lost they would play at 6(please)....but my dad got there beforehand and we played a match of tennis...in reality, he's probably much better than me, but i felt that my disability didn't help at all...he beat me 6-1 then we settled down to watch the game...they played the home team, bethel church, who was 3-0 and my brother's team was 2-1 at the time....well they just schallaked this team like 11-2 or something and that brought about the fitful 8 o clock game....in between games we got pizza and i played some basketball....the game didn't actually start until 830 and they were playing wheeling who had beat us like 15-1 earlier in the tournament....well drew pitched the first 3 and gave up only one unearned run....after that, the floodgates opened(sordof) as it was 5-0 going into the top of the sixth, our last chance....ryan synder grounds out...one out....drew gets a hit between third and short...finally, we touched their pitcher...alex g. gets out...2 outs....then, bam, tyler v. hits a two run homer....5-2...brad j, the last hitter in the order follows it up with another homer....now the ppl from gbwaa are on their feet(we're not supposed to win this game, we're 1/3 of baldwin and they're drawing from all of wheeling, they're clearly the favorite)...now we have top of the order, john gibson walks....it goes 3-0 on sammy p and the kid comes back with three straight strikes to end the game....oh well, it happens, what a great game though...after nayhouse decided to sleep over....it was ridiculous, i won four 10 dollar heads up matches to put my bankroll at like 38 bux after nayhouse lost two 5 dollar ones....arg lol....

today- we woke up late and nayhouse, my brother, and i went to eatnpark....nayhouse was attempting to flirt with the hostess but he's not very good at that sort of thing....lol....after, drew called matt bradburn and the four of us decided to go play tennis....what fun that was....the two little kids insisted on playing as a team and my dominate play along with nayhouses net play won us two sets in a row at 6-0....then we switched teams to be me and matt bradburn vs. drew and nayhouse....first set went 6-6(8-6) that ended with one of the best shots i've ever seen in my life by nayhouse....wat a bitch lol....next set i got pissed and we won it 6-0(we are clearly dominant)...after that, drew and i went to my grandmas b/c both of my parents worked....it was very enjoyable, the food was good, and i got to see my two cousins, dan and mike, and mike is moving over on sherwood which is quite exciting, he's a cool guy, he was telling me about the bars up at psu....i was like, "there are bars there", and he said, "yeah, there are a few"...heh...well after that we left at 8, and i played some pokerstars and i played the heads up match of my life in a 4 man heads up tourney...in the finals i played for over an hour before the two of us decided to split the money....i bow down to my equal in heads up play.....

these last few days i've been in one of those moods that represents someone telling me something that is usually big news and i'll just say "oh, that sucks" and not really care....idk why, it's not that i'm tired of people's problems, it's just i'd like to hear of something else but them....it's what i like to call a "comfortably numb" mood....not a care in the world....it appears we will be going to the beach this year, so that's cool, even if it's only for four days....my current music addiction is a 70's band called kansas, who i have listened to for years....i just found their greatest hits cd though and i've been playing it for like the past week....

to end this, i'm going to include a selection from uncle walt(walt whitman) and this is about president abraham lincoln after his assassination


O CAPTAIN! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;

The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won;

The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,

While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:

But O heart! heart! heart!
5
O the bleeding drops of red,

Where on the deck my Captain lies,

Fallen cold and dead.


2O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;

Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
10
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

Here Captain! dear father!

This arm beneath your head;

It is some dream that on the deck,
15
You’ve fallen cold and dead.


3My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;

My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;

The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;

From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;
20
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!

But I, with mournful tread,

Walk the deck my Captain lies,

Fallen cold and dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home