Thursday, September 01, 2005

ordinary day

today was what the next four years of my life are going to be like, unfortunately.

I woke up at around 10 and got some Smacks for breakfast. That cereal reminds me of the first house I lived on at 448 Macassar. After that, I cleaned up around the house for awhile before I could finally focus in on doing homework. I opened up the Psychology text first because I find Psych. a lot more interesting than Statistics. It took about 1.5 hours to read and take notes on the first chapter, but I learned a ton of interesting things about teaching and some good teaching ideas. Next, I opened up the dreaded stats book. Trust me, that is the most bland thing you will ever read in your life. It took me over an hour to read and outline 15 pages, which sucks. After that, I went to work and it was awesome again. I did some more cutting of keys and I'm now a master of key cutting and other than that it was myself talking with berman's brother and another girl there(I can't remember her name). Henceforth, I went to the carnival in St. Sylvester with leigh and it was alright. I promised myself about a month ago that I'd never go to another carnival, but I broke that promise already. I gambled a little bit and figured out that you will lose an average of 2$ for every six spins using my "pristine"(yeah right) math skills. Afterwards, I talked to anna for a little while and am typing up this blog report right now. All in all, an ordinary day(isn't that a song?)

poetry tonight is pink floyd. I decided to throw it in because I think this is the greatest song ever written.

Wish You Were Here
By: Pink Floyd
Dedicated to Syd Barrett

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,
year after year,
running over the same old ground. What have we found?
The same old fears,
wish you were here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home