Friday, March 11, 2005

think your world blows?

well the last week has been a not so great one....a quick rundown…so the week began really Tuesday with practice since I really don’t give a shit about school…it was the last practice ever for me so it was kind of sad to know that after this year all these people will be gone…a lot of people will ask how I survived the four years at Baldwin high school, and it’s a question that up until this year I would simply laugh and shake my head at…now when asked that question I respond with, “Where did the time go?”…anyways that was good and all….
Wednesday- nayhouse and I decided to go up to south hills for me to roll off and we let my brother come too…afterwards we went to get wendy’s which was good and this is about all I can recall from this day…
Thursday- nothing really exciting, last day I actually had to be in school though…who would have known though that the oc would have been as good as it was…*thanks the o.c. for making this week worth living….
Friday- woke up at 6 o clock and brushed teeth/got dressed and went and picked up bethanne, maura, and lauren and brought them back to my house b/c we had to drive them…today was states so we didn’t have to go to school(thank god, I’m about ready to kill my English teacher, Mr. Yount. That guy is pissing me off…seriously, me and ferg say one word in the library and he threatens to kick us out…ferg and I made a pact saying if he tells us that he has no problem with us working in the classroom then that’s where we’re f@cking going)…anyways the boys team event started at 9 am….TALK ABOUT HORROR….the hardest lane conditions I ever faced in my life brought us a 2401 and a 29th out of 38th after the first day…either way, im glad that the girls came b/c their cheering was much appreciated…ill comment on this later….second half of the day was filled with singles action…I really hate singles, because some people live for this event. If I could choose a time to throw a 600, it wouldn’t be here. Some kids are so f@cking individualistic it makes me sick…seriously, to get pi$$ed off in an event where it’s only you competing is just plain ridiculous…anyways I managed a 574 after a few flopped spares(at least I beat that so called “stud kid” john rahl if that’s worth anything)…by this time I was quite hungry so bradburn, jesse, brian, and I decide that eat n park is one hell of an option…we are seated in the front and notice an extremely hot girl walk by…we see her walk by again and go back to her boyfriend(the kid looked like a little girl) and we continued to see very hot women in the first five minutes of glancing…I decided that I was going to have a look around(I said I was going to the salad bar) for more hot women…so as I’m going up I hear someone yell “hartman” so I turn and it’s none other than…bethanne and four other members of the girls team(supposedly they were supposed to call us but decided to go straight from bowling to the eatnpark)….seriously what are the chances…after returning to our tables and bethanne calling my phone approxiametly 2500 times, we got our extremely tasty food, crushed it, and left…the girls asked where we were headed, so we decided on south hills bowl…only maura and lauren came though b/c bethanne is grounded for god knows what and the jessie’s elected not to come….anyways we’re 10 minutes into our first game of pool when jesse gets a call from his dad saying the roads are slick and we have to leave…touché to that, they were quite icy…but did this stop me from driving to Jefferson hills to try to get my poker fix? HELL NO!?! Bradburn and I arrived at immekus’ house at 8 and since I only told him I was coming, he had no chips set up for bradburn(he got in a ten buck side game later)….so I’m up and down and all over the place there…I’m playing what I consider to be the best poker that I’ve played in quite some time when we are five handed and chris lee and I are almost tied(I have a little more) for chip lead…I look down to see pocket 8’s…I raise, he calls…flop comes down 4D 5H 10H…I bet 800(attempting to defend my eights) and he calls…turn is 2D…we both check…river is 5D…I check, he bets 800….i have a read on his a$$ now, I know he has nothing(he does too) so I raise him cautiously to 1600, he moves allin, I call…he simply flips his cards over and walks away…just as I’m about to grab the pot, he turns over JD6D and without even realizing he has a flush, he is still in the game…I’m crippled b/c of a perfect read(how bullshit) and eventually lose the remainder of my chips to garner next end where my pkt 2’s get destroyed by his pkt 9’s…seriously, that might be the most disappointing moment in my poker career since losing the 1600…oh well, it’s all part of the giggles I suppose….on another note I’ve decreed that my obsession with hanging on to relationships that are over is now officially a cancelled policy…I suppose it stems from a lack of compassion from some, but whatever, I don’t really care to talk about it so if we all lay the matter to rest, it will be fine(I guess)…anyways, hopefully the rest of this weekend will bring us better luck than the first half….
-mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home