Sunday, September 04, 2005

drained

yeah, that pretty much describes it...

Friday night was interesting, and that's all I have to say about that. I'm not going to elaborate, only so much to say that it was the first time that nayhouse and leigh spoke in relative human terms in quite some time.

Saturday sucked, absolutely. I went to bed at 1 am and had to get up the next morning at 730 am and well, you do the math. Work was fine I guess, Angie helped me out and kept me sane for the first half of the day and then Patty told me about her life in Happy Valley which was rather interesting. Right after that I went home and found that the neighbors were destroying their front yard so I had to park next door. I cut the grass and then watched WPT for awhile before calling up nayhouse. Turns out he was pretty burned out too, so we just relaxed and watched forrest gump. I really like that movie, I hadn't watched it since I was around 12 until then and I finally get the whole movie more or less. Good stuff. I came home and did something I hadn't done in awhile: I looked at the stars while talking to anna. Wow, is all I have to say. I don't know if it was the forrest gump or the visceral star experience, but that was a hell of a conversation.

Today I got to sleep in a little bit later, but I still had to get up at 830 am which sucks. All in all it was another quick day because there's always customers to wait on or talking to be done. Just bs'ing with mindy and patty was cool. Mindy is interesting, she's pretty good looking but she has an odd sense of humor and patty just has these weird stories to tell, but it holds you through the long day. Left at 4 and came home and the palermos came over for a "cookout" aka drinking party. I mean they're fun and all but isn't it time to grow up? Even I get tired of those after awhile. I think my parents are becoming hardcore alkies again, but whatever. I really can't wait to get out of that house, no real offense. It's like I'm the adult and they're the kids partying. Like I said, parties are fun, but there's things that have to get done. No further comment

Tomorrow is golfing and homework catching up day. That unimportant stuff can really pile up if you let it. Hehe, well I leave you with words from Wordsworth himself. Btw, I updated the links section, only two links for now, I'll add more later, it's a pain to do. I think this poem really shows the power of nature and God as intertwining forces and our naive attempts to construct things as humans. I've added denotations at the bottom for your reading pleasure, hehe.

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon,
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers,
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
It moves us not.--Great God! I'd rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn; (1)
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea, (2)
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus (3) rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton (4) blow his wreathed horn.

(1) Brought up in an outdated religion.
(2) Meadow.
(3) Greek sea god capable of taking many shapes.
(4) Another sea god, often depicted as trumpeting on a shell.

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home