Thursday, December 14, 2006

six hands worth noting

I haven't posted in awhile, and I'll probably get around to do a real post this weekend, but until then, here's this. Let it be known that the following contains ALL poker related content, so if you don't like poker, oh well.

Hand 1- I'm dealt AK rainbow in the BB, and I raise to 17 and get four callers. Flop comes down A J 9 with two spades. I'm first to act and I move allin. Two folds and then a guy who I'll call for the rest of this "the station" called me instantly. He flipped over Qs2s and smashed the spade on the turn. I still had 7 outs on the river because I had the Ks, but I completely whiffed.

Hand 2- I'm dealt JJ and raise from middle position and just get one caller. The player is tight and pretty solid. The flop comes down 6 7 8, exactly the flop I don't want to see. He bets out from first position and after thinking about it, I muck. He shows QQ.

Hand 3- I'm dealt AK in the SB and bump it up to 20 and get one caller, the station. The flop is 8 9 10, and we both check. A 3 hits the turn, I check, he bets 25, and I call. The river is another 3, I check, he bets 40, and I think about it for awhile. I laugh and say to him "I have AK, and I really think it's good." I made the call and he showed his losing AQ.

Hand 4- I'm dealt 44 in middle position and I just limp. It's about 7 way action to the flop and the flop comes down Jc 9c 4d. Two checks to me and I fire out 20. Two callers. Turn is the Jh, the perfect card. Two checks again and I bet 30. Once again, two callers. River is the 7c, the nirvana card for me. Once again, two checks, and I bet 35. George thinks about it forever and mucks. Then the guy from Hand 2 says "I'm allin." Fuck. I thought about it forever and called. He showed J9 and scooped a huge pot. After thinking about it, I realized that he made a horrible play. With two clubs and a straight draw on the board, he got incredibly fortunate to hit his 4 outer and have myself fill up as well. Just bad luck, that's all.

Hand 5- I have AJ and there is a raise to 7 in front of me. I decide to call. Flop comes down J 10 3. I bet 15, and get raised by tom(who is a pretty solid player) to 35. I call thinking we might have the same hand. The turn comes a 5, and I check and he bets 100. Looking back on it, I should have folded right there. Unfortunately, I went allin and he insta-called with AA. No J on the river, and I'm dead.

Hand 6- Let me preface this by saying this is probably one of the three sickest hands I've ever played in my life. I'm dealt 98 in the SB and tom once again raised to 7 in front of me. I decided to call. Flop came down 9 8 2, a perfect flop. 5 people check to tom who bets 7 again. I raised to 27, and tom went allin. Now if you'll remember correctly, in Hand 5 tom made a HUGE bet with an overpair to the board. I figured he was doing the same thing here and by this time of the night there was no way in hell I was mucking top two. I called, the turn and river came 7 and 6, and tom showed 99 for top set. Just a sick hand.

That's all for now. I can't really say that any of these(minus Hand 1) were terrible beats, but they were all just very unfortunate situations to get into. At this point, there's nothing that I can do about it except suck it up and take a little break from poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home