Tuesday, August 22, 2006

adios, amigo

I would like to start out by saying that the title refers to nayhouse. Many of you know him as "the jew", "moses", or "the only jew in baldwin". I have known the kid for about 15 years now, and tomorrow he is leaving to live down in oakland with another friend of mine, kevin ngo. I still remember the first day that I talked to him. I was just a shaggy haired lad who was more interested in going to baseball games to throw rocks at the fence than learn how to play baseball. I'm not going to give you details of every single thing that we did together, because blogger has a limit on its characters. With south baldwin all star baseball we were perenial losers. The two of us were usually two of the better players on the team, but there was little that we could do to help our lacksadisical squad. As teammates on squirrel hill and baldwin supercolt we had much better results. In 2004 our squirrel hill team was ranked #2 in the city of pittsburgh, yet we were bounced from the city playoffs in the first round. I recall all the vivid details of the game we lost 1-0 and how hard it was to say goodbye to people like phil, teddy, buddy, brandon, and shane. His house has been a second home to me, and sometimes even a first home. Throughout the years, I have lost contact with many of the people that I once considered good friends. Even after being a little more than a year removed from high school, I barely talk to anyone that I graduated with. I doubt that I will lose contact with nayhouse though. There is too much history and brotherhood to. Last year was sort of a test year of how I could do without some of my friends not being here. Now, most of my friends will be living somewhere but the south hills. The few remaining people that I will have to hang out with include bradburn, leigh, kloby, immekus, ben, and a few other underclassmen. Everyone else is going away. Change happens. It's an integral part of life, and I've come to know this. But by no means is change easy. Like the REO Speedwagon song said, roll with the changes. Damn right.

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home