Tuesday, August 15, 2006

rolling along

That sums up how my days have been going recently. The summer is winding down, and I really cannot complain about how I spent my summer. I hardly wasted any time and enjoyed the people that I spent the summer with. Yesterday, I was watching the history of the nayhouse family on this DVD that his family made, and I realized something. All of those smiling faces in the pictures have passed into the annals of time. I thought about what they would say if they could see those people for one last time. Do times change so much that old friends won't even be able to relate whenever they see each other in the future? How many people will I stop talking to before it is all said and done? Just something to ponder I guess.

Yesterday, I hung out with nayhouse and bradburn for awhile and then my family came over for my brother's birthday party. It is always good to see your family, because you probably only get to see them once a month at most during the year. Later that night, I went over stock's house and had a fun night.

Today, I was pretty lax for the first five hours of my day. I briefly helped sammy's dad in installing our new air conditioner, but he did the brunt of the work. At about 4, I went down ben's to play a slight alteration of baseball. My team lost both games and we decided to play some poker at about 8. The holdem game was frustrating because I couldn't get any cards and the one time I tried to steal the pot, brennan pondered a call for awhile with top pair and finally put it in. In between games, I bs'd with kloby and bradburn for awhile before side gaming started. Side games went something like this: For 2 hours, I dominated the table. In the last 10 minutes, a kid named berg went on one of the most impressive runs that I've seen. The kid played a lot of good poker and took advantage of his good fortune. That's why I love to play poker so much. You can get beat around for 2 hours straight, then come back and have a great run and end up on top for the night. As for me, I ended up dead even for the night. Sometimes getting to even for the night is a victory in itself. The damage could have been much worse, and I was glad that we stopped at midnight. I talked with ben for about an hour, then sprinted 1/2 a mile home in the lightning and pouring rain. Finally, I sat down and decided to do a blog post for the first time in a couple of days.

To end this post, I'd like to address another situation, that being about myself working at ace. Well actually, that would be a lack of myself working there. The relationship ended on terrible terms, and I'm not really going to go into it here, because anyone can read it here. I would just like to say thanks to the one true friend that I made out of the whole year long deal there, and that was mindy. We had a lot of fun there and made it a more lively place, no matter how bad a day either of us was having. People like angie, cara, drew, and larry lattner(who will prob. never read this) also made my long days there bearable. A big thanks to everyone who ever visited me down there in that prison of a work. A special thanks to nayhouse for almost getting kicked out repeatedly.

Until next time,
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home