Sunday, September 18, 2005

that sucks

well it appears that my blog is starting to get spam in the comment section.....i don't really care to turn on the word verification option so i guess i'll just leave it go for now....

yesterday- went to work from 9-5 and got to talk to angie in the morning and then patty(for the last time) in the afternoon....it was busy, but it made the day go so much faster....i got a ride home and then i read and did something else that night(i have a terrible memory, if you haven't noticed already)....in regards to that, i was scanning through my blog recently and i realized that in the last month, i probably missed blogging about 10 different things that happenend in my life. I really don't feel like going back and adding them in, I'd just like to add that little line there.

today- went to work from 10-4 and had the longest day in the history of days....angie and i literally counted the seconds until 4, so that wasn't good at all. My mom called and said that she was 20 minutes away so I just decided to walk home. It was a pretty good walk, I went through the Union Park trail for the second time in my life(the first time in probably 8 years) and it still seemed suprising long to me(whenever i was 10, it seemed much longer)...you see, walking to me is what running was to forrest gump, it's more or less something that you do to not only get exercise, but also to think about everything that's going on in the world. It took me about 40 minutes to walk 4 miles, but when I got home I vowed to finish Theory of Poker. I finished the last 100 pages in about 2 hours. Skylansky's final chapters are pretty boring, but I found that his work in the Game Theory field of poker is quite fascinating. If you know anything about it, Game Theory is applicable to almost anything in real life, including games(imagine that?). It basically states that no matter what happens, beforehand you find the best mathematical plan to winning and you stick to that plan no matter what....really awesome stuff....okay, so my life and blog have gotten quit boring since college started(isn't it supposed to be the reverse?) but I certainly don't go to a party school/live on campus....some friends and i from the education group were trying to ask the upperclassmen if there were any parties at all, but they basically said "no" although they were trying to organize one. Well that's exciting. PSU Mckeesport sucks :-). Anyways, I went over to my grandparents later in the night and then just talked to people online until retreating into my room for the night.

poetry section is back....tonight is a selection from the bard himself, and a good one at that....i wish this were entitled "blow, blow thou september wind" because september seems like it is the hardest month of the year to get through....anyone else agree? I guess the prelude to winter is deserving...

Blow, Blow Thou Winter Wind
By: William Shakespeare

Blow, blow, thou winter wind,
Thou art not so unkind
As man's ingratitude;
Thy tooth is not so keen
Because thou art not seen,
Although thy breath be rude.
Heigh-ho! sing heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho! the holly!
This life is most jolly.

Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,
Thou dost not bite so nigh
As benefits forgot:
Though thou the waters warp,
Thy sting is not so sharp
As friend remember'd not.
Heigh-ho! sing heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho! the holly!
This life is most jolly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home