Monday, June 26, 2006

a long weekend

Saturday was actually a pretty quick day at work. We were incredibly busy for a saturday in june and that is the key to the day going quickly. If you busy yourself with something, the time goes three times as fast. Everyone had a bet on how many of those cleaning packs we would sell that were on sale, and my guess of 35 was good. We actually sold like 120, but nobody but me guessed that high. I came home and slept for a little while before venturing over to brennan's house. We played a game of holdem then side games, both of which I lost at. In the holdem game, I floated around for awhile until blinds got high and I got my money in with AQ v KJ. My main problem lately in tournaments is not being able to find a rush of cards to take me over the hump to where I can secure a money spot. In side games, I couldn't hit the side of the barn in PLO or PLH. Afterwards, ben, brennan, and I decided to go to the meadows because I wanted to see what the place was like. After going there, I'd have to say that I like the very informal nature of it. You can come and go as you please, and the people who set it up did a great job to provide a very relaxed environment. Brennan showed me what to do, and I picked my first winner in the first race. We ate, chatted, and bet races for about 2.5 h ours before calling it quits. I left up about 30 bucks, which isn't bad for my first time. In the end, I was making some ridiculous bets for certain horses to place, but I still made sure that I came out a winner. Today, I went to work and was in for one of the longest days ever. The day dragged on forever. I came home and left in about an hour's time to go golfing with my dad. I played so-so and shot 49 on the front 9 of SP. I drove okay for the first seven holes, then sucked on the last two. My main problem was giving away too many iron shots and five foot putts. My game has improved dramatically, but I still have a long way to go. Afterwards, I returned home and ate, then left for skyview. To save you from the torture, I played a five hour session and went down an insignificant number. For about 3 hours straight, I had nothing at all to play. My best hand was A3 and I raised and everyone folded. It was a boring session, but definitely a moral victory. I proved to myself that I could cash out after a tenuous session.

Good night,
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home