Wednesday, June 07, 2006

don't wake me up

First of all, I would like to state, as a pretense to anything I write here that I don't believe in curses. Curses are things that are highly exxagerated by the people whom the events happen to. I always believed that if you worked hard and put your utmost effort that you would succeed at it in one way or another. As of late, events have made me a cynic though. You don't really become cynical until you go out there and experience some of the things that life has to throw at you for yourself. In other words, there aren't any "couch" cynics to say.

Yesterday, I was awoken early by my brother saying that he wanted to go down to union field to go to this day camp thing. At 9 AM? Why would anyone ever want to get up at 9 AM? I guess at one point in my life(my pre-teen years) I got up early. I know I'll be getting old whenever I start getting up before four digits appear on the digital alarm clock in my room. I took him there, and came back and watched MTV while eating breakfast. I was disappointed by the music that they play on there to say the least. At about 1, bradburn, ben hreha, and I went out to the practice tee to golf the par 3. Ben and I had side bets, and I was up big after 5 holes, but he pulled four of the greatest holes ever to make a great comeback and end up tying me. Next, we decided to gamble on the batting cages to see who could hit more balls, him being in the 40 mph cage and myself in the 70 mph(since I had a distinct advantage having played for 14 years). We both hit 9 the first time and the second time. In short, we broke dead even for both competitions. After that, we went to the mall and I ate manchu wak's tuesday special, General Tso's for 3.99. I went home and got ready for work after that delicious meal. Work wasn't great because we have this new cashier who doesn't talk and we had to unload an order which took most of the night. I think ben hreha put it best by saying, "why do you still work there?" I really have no answer for that. It's kind of like I'm watching the waves come in from a distance, it's the same thing every day. And I don't even get to watch the sun rise or set. I guess more or less I feel like barry sanders did while playing football. I know a lot involving my job and can do it well, but I do not enjoy it at all. I find it really boring. Like Andy Dufresne said, either get busy living or get busy dying. At this point in my life I feel like I'm just waiting for a bus to come to take me to another place. That's not me at all. If I want to go somewhere, I'll walk there. Alright, this symbolism is getting out of control. After work, bradburn and I went to work at the 1/2 limit tables. When nayhouse finally got back from his gf's house, the three of us decided to go down to eat n park. The table talk was refreshing to say the least. Anytime that you put nayhouse and I in the same vicinity, the conversation is always going to be lively. It's been that way for as long as we have known each other. About 30 minutes after we got there, two gentleman that we know very well strolled in. It was none other than ferg and kozo, both who I hadn't seen in over a year. Apparently, they both work security now. To tell you the truth, I think everyone in baldwin was there. We saw the likes of ryan russman, megan curley, caroline kirkwood, jackie cundra, rikhea, ray benvenuti, shane something, jared waldo, something zovko, and of course the two jokers. Ferg and I could not leave the premise without pulling something of course. We conversed with the waitress and convinced her that it was bradburn's birthday. About ten minutes later, her and a couple other waitresses come out with a "cake" and singing some random EnP song. I can honestly say that it was one of the best nights I've had in quite some time, and it was quintessential to have. This morning, I woke at about 11AM and got breakfast. Actually, no I didn't. Bradburn, hreha, and I walked down to subway in caste and ate there. We saw "tomcat" brennan there and he, hreha, and I made plans to play golf at SP after the meal. All in all, I shot decent off the tee, yet couldn't hit an iron to save my life. I putted well, which is a good sign for friday. I came home and my brother and I hung out for awhile. We ate, and I was off to skyview. After dropping two buyins at 5/5, I began an incredible comeback. I was up about 1.5 buyins and it was three handed between joe, some random guy, and myself. Now you know that this is where it is going to get bad, because it always does. I have J8c and I call a preflop raise to 20 as does joe. The flop is J 8 5 with two hearts. The original bettor bets 30, and I raise to 75. Joe says goodbye and the other guy goes allin for about 220 more. I call instantly and he turns up J7. Well, you already know the ending. He hits running hearts to bury me. A couple hands later after I recovered from that, an even sicker situation would come up. I am dealt 95o and I limp as there is no preflop raise. Flop is 9 5 3 with two hearts again. I bet 20, joe calls, random guy raises to 45, and I jam it to 120. Joe thinks about it forever and folds. The random guy just calls. The turn is a 10d and I bet 50. He comes over the top for 185 more. I called after thinking about it for awhile and he shows, you guessed it, 9 10! I was sick. Absolutely sick. The final hand I don't even want to talk about. I had KQ and pushed allin for about 125 and he called with....Q5. Right on the flop was 5 5 2. I've never been more sick playing poker than those three hands. As I stated earlier, I don't believe in being cursed, but I am playing brilliantly and being punished for it. So tomorrow, when the alarm rings at 6AM, don't bother waking me up. Let me sleep on this one for a change.

mh

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really think people really care to read a whole entry thats based on a poker game?? I mean not to be rude or anything, but thats not interesting. At all. You also tend to Ramble. . .like other people I know, and let me tell you, its not the most attractive attribute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home