Monday, May 29, 2006

the trifecta

This weekend was a weekend that I'll look back on for the rest of my life, perhaps for both good and bad reasons. On friday, bradburn and I hung out and played a little 1/2 limit. The first table we hit was extremely soft and within ten minutes we had doubled up and decided to leave. The second table was a little more difficult but we were also hit with two gutshots on the river that left us down four bets. Eventually, ben hreha came over and we played both .25/.50 NL and an 11 dollar SNG at once. In the SNG, our AKs outdrew KK on the first hand and we were dominating chip leaders going into the final table. That of course ended when we had the following sequence of hands: 55, 55, 88, 10 10, three of four lost, the last being where we went in for about 4k and got called by JJ after some dude appeared he would muck, but called with 3 seconds left on the clock. From there, we organized a live home game. Legends such as gerner, brandon, carmelo, and jeff creighton frequented that game that night. Even nick immekus, fresh off his date with the.....lovely tara joined the game later. We played side games to begin with and I promptly dropped 5 buyins in the first hour. The last pot before we started the holdem tournament was one that will live on in south baldwin history for the rest of time. The game was PLO, and it was gerner, ben, and I to the flop with brandon being allin. Flop was K 6 4 with the K and 6 being clubs. I flopped a club flush and gutshot so both ben and I called gerner's 60 dollar bet. Turn was a 3, and ben went allin for 135. I wanted to call so badly but passed and gerner ended up calling. River was a 7 and my 58 would have got there. Ben scooped the biggest pot in home game history. In the holdem game, I struggled the whole time to break the 2k mark in chips. I ended up going allin in a race situation and I lost it. After playing a little ping pong, we returned to side gaming and I went on an absolute tear for two hours straight. I got out of the hole and ended up going up after gerner and I flipped a coin for a decent amount. I won the first, he won the second, and I won the third meaning I ended up winning. Saturday, I worked from 9-5 and I just kind of chilled and slept for awhile. Gerner came and got me around 11 and we went up and picked up king and headed over to immekuse's house. We played some side games and I started down big again. Then murph showed up and we decided to have a beer pong tournament. After winning my first two games with style, nick and I began to just get stupid. From what I recall we played several heads up games for amounts ranging from 20-50 dollars. I won all of them as he had taken the brute of the beatings in beer pong. I ended up winning the tourny and nick, gerner, and I decided to play side games more. Gerner was the only sober one, yet for some reason he couldn't use it to his advantage. The only thing I remember from that stretch was the last hand where we did the bill murphy paycheck game. The three of us each put up what murph's weekly paycheck was worth and did a game of high card to see who would take down all the money. I won it with a Kh. After several incidents that I will not elaborate on, we headed to dennys. If you want to hear the dennys story, i'll be more than happy to tell it, just not here. I got dropped off at a little past sunrise and crashed until about 11, when I woke up to eat breakfast. After eating, I realized that I was still really tired and I went back to sleep for awhile. I woke up again at 3 and went outside for about 2 hours. It was a really nice day and almost 90 degrees outside. After taking care of a few things, I decided to go to skyview to play poker. This would be the third night of the trifecta, and if I was lucky, I could go 3 for 3 for showing profit. When I got there, they were starting a new 3/6 table and I decided to jump in the action. I won a few dollars before my seat at 1/2 NL opened up. I had planned on playing a monster session(time wise) and did just that. I ended up playing about 9 hours and showed a profit of 1.5 buyins. In the first three hours, I had my aces cracked by sevens and 10d5d, cracked aces with J3(the guy was furious when I hit my two outer on the river), had my nut straight busted on the river by runner runner full house, and cracked kings with sixes. It was a hell of a run to say the least. At about 12 I started hitting a groove that lasted until about 2:30. Then, for about 30 minutes straight I had every single one of my bluffs called down and I was dead even for the night. I battled my way back and at 6 am we were forced out by the cleaning crew. I really think that's about as long as I can play cards because I was just really, really tired and getting pretty bored after that. So that's that. I saw the sun rise the last two days, something that I had only seen twice before this. I guess whenever I got up early for high school I saw it every day, but I usually never payed attention. I will say that I had a great deal of fun this weekend, even if it came at the cost of only getting about 10 hours of sleep for the entirety of the weekend. Alright, I'm about to pass out so I'm off to bed, hoping to sleep until maybe 12(it's 7 am right now) and then I plan on going golfing and then going to nayhouse's for a cookout.

Until next time,
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home