Monday, October 24, 2005

weekly update

I haven't updated in a week for not so obvious reasons. Not even I know what these reasons are, so don't ask. I'm definitely enjoying this ability to access almost anything at psu mckeesport. It's awesome to be able to type up a blogger report in the middle of nowhere during a class that was cancelled. If you didn't pick up on that, those were all things that you couldn't do in high school. Anyways....

wednesday- I skipped the meeting in the morning because I was so tired and sleep>doing nothing at a meeting. I got there in time to eat half breakfast, half lunch meal. Classes weren't that bad, and I went home at like 430. Nick and I went to the skyview event that night which is cool as always. In the 40 dollar tournament, for the first two levels I grinded away and improved my stack 60% to 8k+. Then the following hand came up. Everyone folded around to me and I was in the SB with 46c. I called and the gentleman to the right of me in the BB checked. The flop came down A35 with the 3 and 5 being clubs. I was pumped, that meant I had 17 outs and was drawing to an open ended straight flush draw! The pot was 3k so I bet half of it, almost wanting him to call, but not minding a steal right there. He called, and the turn came with a blank. I bet the rest of my 5k and he called with A9. Of course, I missed all of my 17 outs on the river and secured a quick finish. At the 3/6 tables, I went from doing everything right last week and nothing right this week. I was playing so liberally, and was raising at a full table with q10 suited, which always provides for disastorous results. The simple fact is that if you have bad cards, you can't consistently beat worse players with better cards. Enough said. Nick murdered the 2.50/5 game(I won't go into figures), so at least one of us did well.
thursday- Didn't do much to speak of. Went to work and did homework throughout the day.
friday- Had class until 3 and then went to see Doom with bradburn and some other old high school friends. It was a good time, I won't bore you with details, although I definitely recommend it for anyone. Bradburn came down and we played the new WPT game and NHL 06 for the rest of the night.
saturday- Worked from 9-5, and truthfully did nothing at all. It was fun though, ron even admitted that we wasted the whole day. After, nayhouse and i watched the baseball game and went out for a little while. We discussed the intricacies of polymorphism and inheritance in java(don't ask) and then he told me that I should visit mt union because it's a kick ass school. I might do that.
sunday- Worked from 10-4 and came home and worked on my statistics for awhile longer. I'm trying to consolidate the rest of this post because I want to go play pool and the computer room is filling up with loud douches.

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home