Monday, September 26, 2005

let's keep it short

that's my goal in this post.

yesterday- i reluctantly rolled out of bed at 9 am which completely sucked. i got up, went to work from 10-4, and then came home. I told myself that I was going to do my homework, but I forgot that the steeler game was on at 415 pm. What a coincedence, I really didn't get much homeword done then. However, I was able to finish reading Chapter 3 on mise en scene for Cinema Art which just happened to be a waste of time in case you were wondering. Next, I tackled statistics and it was very interesting stuff(inferential statistics) and I was able to relate almost all of it to poker which made the reading easy and fun at the same time. Isn't that one of Piaget's theories, if you can relate something new to something you already know you'll actually learn it? That's a good man right there. Anyways, I ended up getting through a few pages of the psychology and then I crashed.

today- woke up, got breakfast, did a reading application exercise, and then printed out my fake version of my second paper draft. Mickle even walked over to me and I told her that it was my draft and she completely believed me. After class, mark and ashley called me the best liar that they had ever seen. I guess that means maybe I can make it in poker? Haha. Anyways, the day dragged on and I had dinner with mark and casey and then that 3 hour theory of education class. That was that, came home, talked to anna, watched laguna beach(it appears that stephen is going to wake his dumbass up and go for lc finally) and then caught up with some emails and played a little poker. I'm pretty pumped for Sunday, it means that I'll be able to gamble legally. Trust me, though, I'm in no hurry to deposit if the bonuses are anything less than 100%. I figure that on the real fishy sites I can clear the bonus easily and probably quintuple my buyin all in a week's time if all goes well. If I'm able to do well playing it would really alleviate some of the financial tension on me at the current time, although I don't plan on losing more than I can afford(the common addage :-) )

tonight's poem is one that I just remembered before I started this post. I think joey gruber mentioned this in his class speech in june, but I loved it long before then. enjoy kids.

If
By: Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

that's one of the overall best poems I think ever written. by the way, for all you anxious blog readers out there, funniest online lines version 2 will be released at the end of the month. enough typing for now because pokerstars is calling my name.

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home