Thursday, April 20, 2006

running bad

monday- I went to both psychology and history and both were worth going to. I passed my psychology test with an 80% or something like that which is good. After that, I was able to come home because PEPP was cancelled for spring break. I don't really remember exactly what I did, but I'm sure it involved playing basketball. Yeah, actually, I went outside and fixed my golf bag and cleaned off all my clubs.
tuesday- I didn't go to geography class because my alarm clock didn't go off again. I think I need to invest in a new one seeing that that's the second time it broke in the past week. I went to economics and it was a waste as always. In our softball game for our team, we lost 11-9 because we only had 9 guys and we left the bases loaded to end the game. That sucked really bad because we were down 11-4 going into the last inning and we rallied really good to make a game of it. In CI we just watched a presentation. Work was nothing new, except for an interesting situation that came up.
wednesday- I didn't go to psychology because I didn't feel like going. I've just been in one of those moods for the last month where I have no desire to learn. I think I'm starting to come out of it, but man have I burned some bridges this semester. It happens once a year where I have a time in the year that I'm completely unmotivated and I just do(or don't do) stupid thing after stupid thing. A recession of sorts for me. I came home, and played some more basketball and won my first game of the year. It only took about three weeks but I got the job done finally. Later on, I went to play cards. I was in the tournament and was up to about 18k until some guy called a huge bluff of mine which took me down to around 9k. A little later in the tournament, the guy UTG raised to 3000 and I went allin with AQ because I sensed weakness. It was folded around to chuck who looked down and splashed his chips into the pot faster than I've ever seen. I hate that guy, all he plays are good hands. The first guy who raised folded. The flop was Q 7 2 with two hearts which gave me a queen or a backdoor flush possibility. Neither hit. I wallowed for awhile about my unluckiness of having chuck wake up with aces and probably doubling up in that situation(the guy said he folded eights and my AQ would have been good on that board). I really, really wanted to make the final table, and not even for monetary purposes at all. That's nice and all, but the experience is much more valuable than any monetary compensation I could recieve for my efforts. I walked over to the 5/5 game and it was just getting started. I was teetering right around my original buyin for the better part of 2 hours when I lost with queens versus sevens(i had queens, he went allin and I called and then he promply flopped a set on a 7 3 2 board). I never improved and was stuck one buyin. I rebought, and got involved in a hand that I'll just collectively call, "The Hand". I have 10c8c and the flop is 2c 6d 9c. The pot is around 450 because some guy moved allin and I was getting the right odds to call. Essie bets out 150 and I think for awhile about it. I figure, I'm getting 4:1 on what I think is a 13 out situation(nine clubs, four sevens) so I call and phil calls behind me. The turn came with the nirvana card, the 7c. I couldn't believe it. I pushed my last 50 in and phil folded and essie called. We turned up our hands, I had a straight and a flush, essie had a set of sixes, and edmund, the guy who was allin before, had a higher flush. Then the second nirvana card hit...the 10c! It was a thousand dollar card, and very satisying becuase I really don't like either essie or edmund. From there on in, everything was downhill though. It was sickening to say the least. I had jacks once and on a 7 3 2 board(look familiar) a guy went allin with A7 and hit a set of sevens on the river. I had AK on a K 8 2 board and some guy had pocket kings and I lost a ton of money there. I attempted a huge semi-bluff on a 2 6 8 board when I had a flush draw. The turn came a J rainbow and I bet out 200 and the guy called. The river was a blank, and he showed J8. He said himself if he didn't make two pair on the turn that he was folding. I must have flopped top pair five times and been raised another hundred after I bet on the flop. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong. I ended up cashing down a little for my third consecutive losing session.
today- hit geography and economics with the one-two punch and was excited to leave econ 15 minutes early. I got down to the field for our playoff softball game earlier than ever and I was able to warm up a little bit. We were playing the team that beat us 11-9 the last game and we knew it would be a good game because we had such a close one last time. After five innings, the score was tied 0-0. With two outs in the top of the sixth, a ball was hit to our third basemen, a former baseball player. There were runners on first and second at the time, but he had no play at third because he had to charge to get the ball. He came in, set his feet, and then threw the ball about fifteen feet above my head. That left the bases loaded and another kid for their team who didn't have a hit all game singled up the middle to score two. We had a small rally in the bottom of the inning but ended up losing 2-0. I can't really be mad as I was 3-4 and played pretty good defense. Plus, it's only intramural softball. There's always next year. In CI our group did our presentation and we did a good job I think. Afterwards, we went to PEPP and I was kind of excited to see the kids again(first time in 2.5 weeks) and although the building was really stuffy a lot of work got done. I'm going to be sad to see them go next week because next week is the last week of PEPP. It's funny how you get that feeling at the end of something. I'll always remember Mr. Bartlett, my eighth grade history teacher telling us about how most presidents said they hated their job until a few weeks before they were done when they had to drag them kicking and screaming down Pennsylvania Avenue to get rid of them. I've often regretted the things that I didn't think I would miss a lot, things like summer picnics with the family, running in my babysitter's yard, or Squirrel Hill Baseball. Now that they're gone, I wish I could have them back more than anything. Most of them represent simplicity, a thing that I try to strive for in my life. Anyways, I came home and got my ass kicked in basketball yet again and then had steaks for dinner. Later on, I did something that I hadn't done in a long time, that being writing. I think I'm starting to come out of this early spring slump and I'm ready for summer.

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home