Thursday, June 29, 2006

nobler pursuits

Yes, that title is confusing. Truthfully, I'm not sure if "nobler" is even a word, but it's definitely catchy, so I think I'm going to keep it.

I'm not really sure when I updated last, so I'll just cover the last two days. Yesterday, I woke up late and watched a little bit of the soccer before going to work. Work went by quickly because we were preparing for the fireworks on friday. Afterwards, I came home and ate quickly and went to nick's house. We played side games for awhile and then played a ten dollar holdem game. I flopped three queens on a QQK board and ben turned a K to send me to the moon. After the game, we played side games for about four more hours. I went up huge. I hit flop after flop after flop. My only downfall was the fact that I couldn't win a coinflip against gerner for my life. We decided to call it a night(card wise) at about 330, and ventured to burger king. The late night crew at burger king can best be described as, well, I don't even know the word. It was immekus, gerner, ben, and myself and we ate and had free flowing conversation for about an hour. As usual, all aspects of life were discussed. Many blogworthy moments, but none that I really care to include. Today, I woke up late once again. Ben called and asked if I wanted to go golfing, so him, Jason, and I went to south park 9 hole course. We walked it and got done about 415. I had a mickelson-esque blow up on holes 5 and 6, but played pretty solid otherwise. My putting from inside five feet really saved me because I couldn't drive worth anything. Once we were done there, I went home and cut the grass and headed off to my brother's baseball game. His team was getting drilled by some pleasant hills team whenever I left in the fifth inning. Nayhouse called me on the way home and I stopped by and we played a little ping pong and watched the pirate game. He looked a little disgruntled, but nobody controls their emotions like him. That's the one quality that he has that I wish I could have more of. I have a decent amount of emotional control, but nobody is like nayhouse. After the game, I headed off to skyview. Everyone was there. Absolutely everyone. We had plenty to play 5/5 and I was pumped when the chips started flying. To sum it up, I got murdered. But some good came out of it. I decided that I'm done playing at skyview for awhile now. I'm tired of cards. I'm tired of losing and even winning. It's a circle, and sometimes you feel that you can beat it, sometimes you can't. Right now, I think it's best if I stayed away for the meantime. I have nobler pursuits, among them continuing my writing, reading more, and getting outside some more.

Until next time,
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home