Thursday, July 06, 2006

it's about that time

On Monday, I had to work at 9am, which really sucked because I hate getting up early. I got out of there though at 1 and more or less chilled for the rest of the day. Tuesday was the fourth, and I went over my aunt's house for awhile. The fireworks downtown were great, but I still think caste had them beat. I got home in time to watch the fireworks from boston, and it's something that I'll definitely have to try to get to someday. Yesterday, I did a variety of activities before heading to skyview. In the cash game, I broke dead even. I played shane heads up and went up 1 buyin on him. Today, I played tennis with kevin and nayhouse, then went to bethanne's party. It was interesting to say the least, and I met quite a few people. I also got the chance to see some old friends, which is always nice.

I kept the summary brief because I'm really not in much of a typing mood tonight. My energy is fixated on tomorrow, where I will be playing(for free) in a winner take all, WSOP buyin tournament. If I win, I will obviously take the cash option. It's a juicy tournament and a huge oppurtunity, but I expect the competition to be fierce. As the title suggests, I believe that now is the time that something big is about to happen. Tomorrow and the rest of this weekend could change a lot of things for me. I've prepared for this tournament like no other. I even re-read skylansky's thoughts on advanced strategy for tournaments, and it made me aware of a lot of things that I had been overlooking during tournament play. Tomorrow though, I only have one strategy in mind: Get first, or anything else is a disappointment. At this point, a good showing means nothing. Over the last week I've rediscovered the key to having success in anything is to fail at it many times. You just can't give up on things whenever obstacles are hurdled at you. To have a vision, a goal, and to work hard at achieving that goal are crucial ingredients in success. You have to have an absolute goal in mind and have a certain amount of volition to achieve that. So that is that. All in all, it's a simple thing. Do or do not. Ready?

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home