Friday, October 28, 2005

a loss for words

No, I'm not speaking of another bad decision by Bush to nominate a completely unqualified person to serve on the Supreme Court. At least she did the smart thing and dropped out of the running.

tuesday- I forget what I did during the day, although I'm sure it wasn't that relevant and it'll probably be another boring story of what I did on one of my off-of-school days. I went to work at 5 and cleaned out the loft the whole time. It's not so much that I mind cleaning and rearranging things, but that loft is no more than 2.5 feet in height. I mean, a great place to take a nap or sip a cold cola, but to work for three hours? Crazy. After, I came home and watched the WSOP. I was kind of suprised to see that one kid crying because he called 200k with the second nut flush. Oh well kid, you're 23 and you're crying over a poker hand? Plus, Mike Matusow is the man. His annoucing from the floor about how he had accumulated 500k in chips was probably the funniest thing in the WSOP so far. Honorable mention to the Japanese lady who kept saying "all-in" and pushing her chips in before the flop. Just honorable mention for that because it was a little scary, I won't lie.
wednesday- I ran around in the morning and was mega-late for a meeting that ended up getting cancelled this week and every week in the future. Thank god, sleep > meetings. I dont' really remember much about this day other than I felt very good all day. I was awake during all of English, stats let out early, psychology let out early, and I was able to keep focused during cinema art which is a rare event. That night, nick and I went to skyview. I was very pleased with the way I played the 40 dollar game, although I finished 30th place. I can metaphorically feel the rust shaking off my no limit game as I continue to play every week. Since my bankroll is limited right now, I'm trying to play as many freerolls as I can. After, I played in a 30 dollar SNG where some guy was telling a bad beat story as I was trying to focus. I really got no cards and finished in fourth. I played another one and this time I was playing well. I made two huge bluffs to accumulate about 4k in chips. The same douche that was telling the bad beat story had a big chip stack and would not quit telling the story to anyone that would or would not listen. Apparently, his Q10 got "cracked" by K4, which, coincedently, happens to be the better hand. I ended up playing him heads up with a 210/60 chop. It was weird because every time we got the money in(3 times) one of us had A10 and the other had A9...I had two chances to knock him out, once with A10 where his A9 turned a 9 on me, and the other where i had A9 and he had me outkicked with A10. Thanks to joann, her bf brian, and some other random guy who was rooting for me, for sweating the heads up match. After that, I waited about another hour(that's 2.5 hours now) for a seat to open up in 3/6 limit. The table didn't look all that tough, with some familiar faces. However, with the week I had last week, I was as humble as humble can get. I went down to about 60 early before flopping a nut flush and getting up to about 120. What kinda pissed me off was this hand. Family pot, 30 dollars there, I have A3s and flop comes down 985 two spades. Guy in first position bets and everyone folds to me, and I call along with two others. Turn comes three of spades, he bets, I call, two others fold. River is a 5 and he bets, I raise, and he calls. He says before we show, "I bet you sucked out on me". I replied with, "No, I don't think so." and flipped over A3s for the nut flush. He said "Yeah you did you idiot". I tried to keep a cool head but as Charlie Murphy once said, "My ghetto side was telling me, kick this *****'s ass right now." Instead, I politely explained that I was getting 11-1 odds on a 5.5-1 call. That's double. Suck out on that cocksucker.
btw, I left at 204 to put me up like 70 bucks for the night. I think nick ended up leaving up a whole dollar. Hah
today- I knew that I was going to have to do a bunch of homework today, so I got down to it about one o clock. I caught up on chapter 7 for psychology(still two behind) and I thought about going to get Civ4(which I hear is incredible), but I ran out of time before work. Work was okay, I buffed the floors for awhile and just hung out. After that, I went over nayhouse's and we played this ancient baseball board game that was pretty awesome. I played as the 57 Milwauke Braves and he was the 36 Yankees. He ended up taking the series when Warren Spahn blew game one and Aaron, Matthews, and Jordan struck out consecutively to end game three. I had that too. Haha. Anyways, we watched a very funny episode of South Park that involved butters changing into a girl and supposedly dieing. I won't explain it all, but at the end his parents lock what they think is the "sinister" butters in the basement and feed him a human body. Haha. Also, we caught a short bit on Trent Lott saying something like, "I hope Bush finds the best man, woman, or minority for the Supreme Court job." What an idiot. Who can blame him though, he's friends with the president? The title also refers to my writing of my English paper which was not going too good, so I wrote a blogger report to try to find some words.

The poem is by Robert Frost, it's about nature calling him out to enjoy its wonders, in my opinion. Enjoy.

The Telephone
By: Robert Frost

"When I was just as far as I could walk
From here to-day,
There was an hour
All still
When leaning with my head against a flower
I heard you talk.
Don't say I didn't, for I heard you say-
You spoke from that flower on the window sill-
Do you remember what it was you said?"

"First tell me what it was you thought you heard."

"Having found the flower and driven a bee away,
I leaned my head,
And holding by the stalk,
I listened and I thought I caught the word-
What was it? Did you call me by my name?
Or did you say-
Someone said 'Come'-I heard it as I bowed."

"I may have thoughts as much, but not aloud."

"Well, so I came."

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home