Wednesday, April 13, 2005

in memory of james ferguson(aka fergy)

no, fergy did not die...i will explain later in the post

pd1 – now this is bullshit…we got a list of 250+ notecards and in groups of three we have to define every single one….ashfdklhsdkljfslkjds wtf
pd2 – my story is so good
pd3 – apparently the chat room might not work, a winsock library is malfunctioning….anyone with a solution(the error is a linking error, it says it cannot recognize winsock32.lib) can you tell me how to fix this?
pd4 – yount is a god….well not really….he pushed the research paper back to Monday though
pd5 – lunch, nothing great
pd6 – Spanish we reviewed the future/conditional and then I lost at musical chairs again
pd7 – worked in groups of three all pd
pd8 – I got the calc test and forgot everything about natural logs….but I ended up figuring out and I think I got the bonus of the common denom. as well.

the title refers to a comment that was made by fergy awhile ago….he stated that with all this seriousness being placed on senior project/research papers, we should do something to lighten the mood…I completely agree, so here it goes

Top 4 Ways That 95% of students at Baldwin High School bullshit their research papers(in descending order)
4. Make up a critic’s name…often you write down the quote but don’t write down who said it, so you just invent a critic
3. Make up a page number…this is one of my favorites, who looks in the books for page numbers anyways?
2. Use the internet for 100% of your information…this is a little known technique yet its’ use is increasing as somewhat correct information becomes more ubiquitous everyday
1. Invent a quote….clearly the most popular way to bullshit a paper, if you don’t have enough quotes, why not invent one? It’s worked for me on many papers in years past, especially that one time I lost my book last year, didn’t read The Crucible, and still got a perfect on the paper….hahahahahaha the introduction paragraph will come with the next post

sick of the system? Think that the system of three main points and five paragraphs was invented by some lowly opium addicted Chinamen(okay, that was a complete rip off….how to I cite that again….(Dodgeball, minute 45 of the film))….oh shit did I put that period in the right place? Is there a comma in between the writer and the page number? In reality, it doesn’t matter…that’s why I encourage you to use my Top 4 Ways That 95% of students at Baldwin High School bullshit their research papers(in descending order) on all of your research, senior, and book report projects…it’s a guaranteed ‘A’ whether you read the text or not….

your good friend
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home