Sunday, April 16, 2006

the weekend so far

friday- Began early with myself and nayhouse going out to breakfast at about 6:15. Eat n park was above average as always. Then, we hit up south park 9 hole golf course and we were the second people to tee off all day. For the first six holes, it was a beautiful morning. You couldn't have asked for a cooler, more relaxing start to the day. I was playing one of the better rounds of my life up until that point. I wasn't hitting the driver particularly well but I was getting up and down and still putting like a maniac but getting the job done. Then on hole 7 a small version of Hurrican Katrina began bringing winds and some severe downpour. We were able to quickly finish up the round and I ended up shooting 50 after choking on hole 9. The rain is no excuse to take four strokes when you're on the fringe. After that, I drove nayhouse home and went to my morning classes. Later, I came home and chilled but started feeling kind of shitty a little bit later in the day. I ended up not going to the pirate game because I didn't feel like going and I think that even if I did feel like going I might not have made it through the game. I started feeling better after a long nap and nayhouse came over for awhile. I forget what we did, but I went over hrehas. Everyone from the original "crew" was there. It was weird to have such a good crowd there. Well, I can't say that everyone was there. King and stock were elsewhere, but the side games were good. After gerner and immekus left, I was stuck about 100 but myself, ben, and kloby decided to continue the games. From that point on, I won probably 90% of the pots and could not miss. It was a sweet feeling to hit flop after flop after flop. In omaha one time, I flopped three pair and turned a fourth pair. Not that it counts for anything, but it was great to see. There was this one ridiculous pot where I had queens full of threes, ben had threes full of queens, and kloby hit trip threes. It was probably a 300 dollar pot and I scooped it with both of them drawing dead on the river. I ended up going up for the night, which is always good. More importantly, I had a lot of fun playing, especially when it got to three handed. You can always replace money. You can never replace good times; had or never had.
saturday- I woke up for work and went in at 9. We were pretty steadily busy all day and it was a rather quick 8 hours, although my legs were pretty sore at the end there. After napping for a few minutes, I called up nayhouse and I picked him up. We went outside my house and shot basketball. At the beginning, we couldn't hit shit. For the first half hour I think we were collectively shooting about 10% from the field. Then we began what will become a great tradition. Nayhouse took the ball, stood at the foul line, and before shooting, asked a question to the basketball hoop. Seriously, who is fucked up enough to talk to an inanimate object and say if he makes it the answer to his question is "yes' and if he misses, it is "no". That would be nayhouse for you. It actually turned out to be a pretty fun game, and suprisingly, most of the answers that it gave would hold the future of the night. We ate wendy's and then ventured off to last year's stomping grounds, mt lebo. Driving down mt lebo blvd reminds me of going to see erin and sarah last year. A somewhat eerie feeling to say the least. This time though, it was with a new group of people, all underclassmen. The only person I recognized from last year was sarah and the rest were new. We hung out outside sarah's house until about 11:15 and then I drove a couple of people home. Afterwards, nayhouse, leigh, and myself went to eat n park to grab a quick bite to eat. I drove them both home and stupidly decided to go to play poker. I never learn my lesson; I can legitimately say that I'm one of the most stubborn persons most of you will ever meet. I really don't know what went wrong, I got sucked out on twice, ran into big hands probably 5 times, and a kid made a great call once that I laud him for. All around, in the last week, I've dropped almost 25% of my bankroll. I've learned two important lessons though. Those would be to not play when you're in a bad mood and not to play when tired. Both can affect your game in big ways. I'm taking at least two weeks to redevelope my fundamentals and hopefully get in a better state of mind about things. It's funny how some things affect you and how some don't. That said, I think it's true that nothing really affects you a lot until you start thinking about it. One of my favorite quotes from maybe Rousseau is "there is nothing good or bad in this world, but thinking that makes it so." Amen to that. Tomorrow, I'm sleeping in for the first time in months and then going to my uncle's house for Easter. It should be fun, and I'm excited that there's no PEPP on monday and only 3 more total sessions after that. Also, we only have two more weeks of actual classes and then finals week. Thank god, because I am completely ready to stop thinking about school. At least for the time being.

Tonight, we'll do lyrics. I always liked this song, but once you really look at the lyrics, you realize how much of a classic that this song is.

New Kid In Town
By: The Eagles

There's talk on the street; it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody's watching you
People you meet, they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Everybody loves you, so don't let them down

You look in her eyes; the music begins to play
opeless romantics, here we go again
But after awhile, you're lookin' the other way
It's those restless hearts that never mend

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Will she still love you when you're not around?
There's so many things you should have told her,
but night after night you're willing to hold her,
Just hold her, tears on your shoulder

There's talk on the street, it's there to
Remind you, that it doesn't really matter which side you're on.
You're walking away and they're talking behind you
They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along
Where you been lately? There's a new kid in town
Everybody loves him, don't they?
Now he's holding her, and you're still around
Oh, my, my There's a new kid in town
Ooh, hoo
just another new kid in town.

Until next time,
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home