Friday, July 14, 2006

somewhere in between

"Now, no matter what the mullah teaches, there is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness. Do you see?"
-Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

I have to first mention what a good book the kite runner is. I finished it about 2 weeks ago and it is the best(and only) book published in english by an afghan author. It's a must read. That quote alludes to a lot of things, but it's pretty self explanatory. These last few weeks have been more confusing than anything. I'm somewhere between closing the door on the past and opening the new one into the future. It's like I keep wanting to go back for one last glance even though nobody is still left there. Everyone has moved on to bigger and brighter things. I know I'll get there eventually, but I'm just somewhere in the middle right now. Yesterday, myself, ben, chris, brennan, and immekus went golfing at seven springs. We ended up getting in 9 and got a raincheck for the other 9. Afterwards, we convened at ben's house for cards with the addition of ieraci, gerner, king, conroy, and a few others. Holdem and side gaming left me about even, but coinflips got me up on the day. I won two in a row against gerner to put me on the plus side. I ended up chopping with nick and brennan, so coinflips helped to win me money in this instance. Next, steve and tom came over and we watched this dvd called the aristocrats. It was okay, as it focused mainly on the joke about the aristocrats. I slept, and woke up around 11. At about 1, I went to play soccer. Around three, I went and hit golf balls, then my dad and I went golfing at SP. I drove the ball well for the most part and hit good iron shots. My putting cost me and I shot a 48. At about 830, leigh and I left to go see the salvatores game at olympia field at mt. washington. That had been the infamous place where our sq. hill city team that was ranked #2 in the city lost to lincoln place in the first round of the '04 city playoffs. The salvatores team followed our lead and lost 11-8, although they fought hard. I dropped off leigh and popped over to nayhouses. After wendys and a little pool, I decided to call it a night. So that's that. I've typed more than my fair share for the night.

Until next time,
mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home