Thursday, December 01, 2005

cheers

the title will come later as always

tuesday- i really didn't do anything in the morning because I was still feeling a little sick. I think I watched some poker and practiced my speech in the afternoon. At 3:30 I took my brother and myself down to bowling and I talked to all the usuals down there. Also, I saw dave stern, the guy who I credit with really getting me into bowling when I had nothing to do when I wasn't playing baseball. It was such a good time talking to him and steph, because they both have a great sense of humor. After that, I went to work and we put away a whole bunch of stuff. I'm really trying to limit the swearing in my blog because it isn't good for you. I came home and did something that probably isn't of interest to you. Oh wait, I played PLAY CHIP POKER for the first time in a long time. I'm actually really excited about playing poker again. For about the last year, I've played poker exclusively for money, and in the last four months I've been running horrible. Seriously, in the two years that I've played, I haven't ran this bad for an extended period than this time. Every time I fold, I flop a full house or a flush or two pair or something. Every time I hold I see AQ2 rainbow with 89suited. I guess it happens.
wednesday- Classes sucked as usual. I left marchesani's class early because we were watching a LOTR documentary and it was the first day of bowling matches, so you know how it goes. Anyways, I got down to the bowling match, and the lineup was this"
1. Brian Ricobelli
2. PJ/Ben Bradley/Sean Noonan
3. Drew Kreigline
4. Jesse Sopko
5. Alan Davis
It was a powerhouse lineup and they shot 3054 without the WPIAL MVP, Pat Woehler, out with a suspension. This team is better than it was last year. I was actually suprised to see how good TJ was for its first year in the league. Every game we beat them by at least 200 pins though, and it was good to see us get off to a good start. Next week is arguably one of the toughest matches we'll have, we bowl AT woodland hills, but we will have pat woehler back and it will surely be a good match. Afterwards, jesse, myself, bradburn, rico, drew, and lauren went to eat n park and it felt like old times again. I am reminded every time that I'm back in a place where memories happened of the show Cheers, which happens to be one of my favorites of all time. Everytime that norm, cliff, frasier, and sam would talk at the bar reminds me of hanging out with my old friends. After this year, I'm not sure that tradition will survive. Who knows, maybe I'll end up like wooderson or something like that. Haha. Next week is certainly going to be U's chinese food and we're trying to get a lot of people to go. Hopefully that will work out. Later, nick and I went to skyview. Basically, same old story. I couldn't get anything going and lost 100 without winning a pot. Nick ended up going up for the night and he won the 50/5o. I think I'm done playing at skyview until after Christmas because I need to recoup my bankroll and I'm sick of the cards spitting in my face. Enough rambling though. For the first time ever, I'll leave you with some song lyrics.

Where Everyone Knows Your Name(Cheers Theme Song)
By: Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows Your name.
You wanna go where people know, people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows your name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home