Friday, January 20, 2006

6 for karl geisler

wow, it really has been a long time since I updated.

I can't begin to tell you all the things that I've done in the past two weeks, because I can't recall back that far and in some instances I shouldn't write about it in a public blog. Because of this, I'm just going to basically sum up everything until about monday, when I can remember things better.

January 6-10: It brought about the beginning of school, but it wasn't that bad to tell you the truth. I liked my history and economics class, even though the professors are weird in both. Geography should be interesting, because this is the professor's first semester ever. Psychology won't be difficult either. CI 295 has me worried, although that's just because she gave us EVERYTHING we had to do in the whole semester in the first week.
January 11-12: Bowling match on wednesday was fun, although the bus ride home was less than entertaining. A person who I used to be very good friends with said that she had replaced me with someone else. Whatever, that's fine, we're not in high school anymore together, but we could have at least to pretended to be friends or something. Anyways, the workshop on Thursday was a huge waste of time. It was about copying and naming files, something that you should have learned to do when you were in school. I came home and nayhouse came over and he gave me some programs and we discussed everything from torrents to key code generators.
January 13: Friday the 13th will go down as one of the Top 10 moments that have happened so far in my life. It was so good because nothing was planned, and it was an on the run call. Great times.
January 14-15: Nothing really too exciting, the Steelers did well in their game against Indy and punched their ticket to Denver. It was just another weekend of work, homework, and hangin out, just like all other weekends.
monday- I went to class and worked out afterwards
tuesday- School was nothing to write about. My economics teacher is obsessed with Apple, and he loves to give us daily updates of how Apple stock is doing. Our workshop got cancelled, but I got my group for our big project, and I'm with storyteller and some other girl. Practice was good. Work kinda sucked, because I was up in the loft the whole time. Have you noticed that I'm really not in the mood to write right now?
wednesday- School, gym, then the match. Woody High was pumped, thinking that they were going to come in here and "show us something". Yeah, they showed us something all right. Even though the varsity boys didn't have pat, they crushed them. The girls did the same to their varsity girls. That night I went to skyview and made a stupid decision to play 5/10 limit. I was doin well until my AK got cracked by A2. That's the only bad beat story I have to tell you in this post. I got home surprisingly early.
thursday- School, and no lab. In the common period, stagon and I played 3d slime volleyball, and he kicked my ass because I haven't played since C++ last year. Not having to work on thursdays is the best thing ever. Well at least one of them.
friday- School, then the gym, and then I chilled for awhile. I watched Crash which was the best movie that I've seen since Dead Poets Society. I would highly recommend it. It has to do with prejudices that all people have. Excellent movie. When my brother got back from getting his new ball, I took him bowling and I bowled too. On the way there, we heard that Eminem song called "When I'm Gone". Once again, a great song. I heard a great song and watched a great movie. I bowled a 640 and my brother shot 649. If he ever learns how to roll the ball consistently, he has a chance to be the next alan davis. He has far more potential than I did, and I ended up doing pretty well. The usual people went up to south hills after pickiing up booter. We saw jesse and his gf lauren there. Fun times. After that, we played pool, and the bitch at the counter stole my 5 bucks. Whatever. After that, we went to dennys and rossi asked for a table for 6 for karl geisler. If you didn't go to baldwin, you have no clue what I'm saying. In short, he was the APUSH teacher, and a great man as well. After that, we went to walmart and then home. Once again, a good night.

That's all for now. Another post will come soon to commemorate the steelers big win and so forth

Another poem coming at you now. I really, really liked this one. I hope you enjoy it too

Looking back upon my childhood
By: Matt Hartman

Looking back upon my childhood
On the better days gone by
An uncontrollable wave of emotion
Passes through me with a sigh.

Suddenly I’m taken back once more,
Almost like I’m in a dream
The grass is green and the sky is blue
Everything is pure, it would seem.

We run down the hill and around the tree
Crashing into the rusted iron fence
No concept of time, money, place, or day
And happiness abounds, hence.

And once again I’m jolted forwards
To a serene lighted room
Desks are lined up and children laugh
And never show a hint of gloom

I’m taken outside with the other children
And we kick the soccer ball away
We run until our hearts have had their fill
And never waste a moment of the day

Uncontrollably I’m taken to my next stop
As my voice has deepened slightly
The impending sky darkens just a little
And the sun shines ever less brightly

The two of us are sitting inside the house
All throughout the long day
And although the sun still provides warmth
Technology has led us astray

My final stop is one I could not forget
As it would include the present time
The wind whips fiercely and outside the door
Our world is riddled with crime

I long to see that green grass and orange sun
Burning upon my body so bright
And as we “progress” through our lives,
I know the ways of the child must be right

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home