Thursday, January 05, 2006

just another day(s)

yep, that's about all that it's been lately. I thought 2006 would be different than 2005, but so far, no difference.

tuesday- I didn't really wake up until about 12, so there wasn't much to do in the morning I guess. I didn't do much after I woke up either, maybe played a little FIFA or something like that. Actually, bradburn came down and we went and got wedding crashers and then played NHL06 on xbox. When my brother got home, we went down to princess and it was the scotch doubles tournament that they do every year. One girl didn't have a partner, so I made my triumphant return to the bowling team. I was only using a plastic ball and I sucked pretty bad. After the second game, I decided to turn back in the shoes for good and went over to work. At work, we basically took down all the christmas decorations and that occupied most of the time. Later, I basically just hung out and watched tv for most of the night.
yesterday- I was supposed to get up at about 9 AM, but that really didn't happen. In actuality, I got up around 11 and bs'd around for awhile. While my brother's ipod was charging, I went down to the bank and stopped in at work for a couple minutes. I came back home, got the ipod, and headed off to get my TB test for this education class that I have this semester. It was nice being able to listen to the ipod songs on the way there, even though my brother has contaminated it with a lot of bad songs. The TB shot was interesting. They stick a 6 inch needle under your skin and make you watch the whole thing. I'm not really scared of that stuff, so it didn't bother me, but I could see how it could bother you if you're afraid of needles or something like that. It only took a minute, so I left there and went to BK on 88 and saw Fumu and Fumus sister. It was pretty good, and I went down to princess from there for Week 5 of bowling. We were facing West Mifflin, our biggest rival in the section and probably the league. The boys won the first game by 4 pins when Alan threw a double in the tenth to win it. The girls lost the first game by less than 30. The second game didn't go too well. All the JV girls were on varsity and they lost by about 150. The boys lost by 28 pins. We were making a comeback in the boys match, but we just ran out of time. The third game the girls lost by 30 and the boys won by 55. We went 0-7 and 5-2, which isn't too bad against our section rival. After dropping bethanne and lauren off at harrison, I went up with my family to mccoys and we ate and played the jukebox. I was really pumped to see that they got Dark Side of the Moon on there, which is a great album. After that, nick and I went to skyview. I played limit and lost a few tough pots and made a few bad decisions. Once again, the turn killed me once and the river killed me twice on 100+ dollar pots. It's just like the cards enjoy spitting in my face. Of course, I know that's not true, but it surely feels like it. After that, I played a 30 dollar SNG where I caught a 5 outer to win. WHAT? I outdrew somebody? Haha. I also won a race too! AK vs. 77 and I flopped an ace. It was too much though. With 4 people left, I moved in trying to steal the blinds with A3h and chipleader called with A9o. Flop was 8 10 10 which was actually good. Turn and river were blanks though. I ended up watch nick play for awhile, and he went up a little less than 6 on the night. I drove home, and continued writing my short story. I think it'll be a good one when it's finished.

Today I'll dig into the archives to give you a poem, since I've been focusing on short stories lately. Hopefully I haven't posted this before. If I have, forgive me. No, nobody died, btw.

Elegy to a friend
By: Matt Hartman

We’ve come here to this willowing place
For this funeral for a friend
As on the beach the waves crash forth
Our time together must end

We’d always laugh and joke and kid
About everything we said
Worry not, death is but a shallow parting
For someday we’ll all be dead

Into the calm breeze that is before
The setting ocean sun
We spread your ashes so far astray
Knowing your battle is won

And as the rain flows from my eyes
Helping little my heart to mend
Yet above us all you smile far down
As we send you off my friend

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home