Monday, December 05, 2005

wake me up when this semester ends

Seriously, I'm getting really sick of doing school work. Actually, I think that I've found I don't mind the work as much as I do having to start the work. Once I'm started, I can go for hours. For example, I actually derived pleasure tonight out of doing my stats homework. Once I got rolling, I was a machine and finished that baby in less than an hour.

friday- Classes were fairly uninteresting, except for the fact that I got a 34 on my psychology test, which actually isn't that bad at all. Everyone agrees that amlund gives very difficult tests, but I also realized that I need to do ALL of the reading next semester and that studying for 3 hours the night before doesn't do much for you. After that, I saw tom mcginnis in the pool room and he complemented me on my speech. I actually think that I may have talked a little fast at some parts, but I do really like to do speeches on things that interest me, such as standardized testing. When he was done, I assumed the pool throne for the next hour as I played christina as usual and I kept Pink Floyd's "Money" in the top spot. After school, I came home and chilled for awhile, read a little, and then a flood of people came down to our house. It was a mix of drew's friends and my friends, and we all played a little DDR and then we branched off and everyone got caught up. It really has been a long time that all the people I know have been together and I'm working on something for Christmas, but don't quote me on that. The night concluded with nayhouse showing off his DDR moves(or lackthereof) and bradburn and I watching chapelle show.
saturday- Work was highly uninteresting as usual, although berman did keep my busy doing stuff all day, which is fine by me. After work, I picked up bradburn and nayhouse and we traversed through the wilds of west mifflin, mckeesport, and white oak to get to mark's house. From there, us three, mark, and matt harold rode the parkway out to the civic-I mean mellon arena to try to get 20 dollar tickets for student rush. No worries, we were successful, and there was no line as an added bonus. Our seats weren't bad at all, we could see the whole ice surface. The people around us were beyond funny. There were kids there from cleveland that we wouldn't stop harassing, some drunk guy, some guy that told us to watch our mouths because there were "cub scouts up there", and some people in front of us chanting "Open the roof, open the roof". Funny but definitely random. Something that was not random was the fact that the penguins lost again, 3-2. It's been a really disappointing year so far. I guess we always have the pirates to look forward to. Haha. Anyways, I took them home and bradburn and I went over to nayhouses' for some good old fashioned pool. If the freezing rain wasn't coming down like crazy, we could have stayed longer. Oh well.
today- Work was, once again, uninteresting, although I did get to talk to mindy for the first time in awhile. Work is always more entertaining when you have someone to talk to. I mean, angie is cool but she loves text messages. Ivana is, well ivana. Larry m. is cool but he has some weird stories. Larry l. has some great drinking stories, but he's reluctant to tell them. The bosses are impatient sometimes, cool sometimes. After work, I walked over to giant eagle and had 2 posterboards and a heath bar total exactly 1 dollar. Haha, I love heath bars, I can't find them anywhere anymore. I mean, they have the SKOR bar at eckerd, but it just doesn't have the same richness that the heath bar provides. Next, I came home and watched the Denver/KC game, which was quite entertaining. Ate general tso's for dinner, played a little poker, talked to anna, and then did my stats homework. In between there I continued writing my play(I might post an act or two over the break) and started my poetry collection(my second one this year, first time that I did it outside of school) and almost finished reading Aron Ralston's Between a Rock and a Hard Place. Aron Ralston is the dude that cut off his own arm with a really dull knife after manually breaking the two bones in his arm to move them out of the way so that he could finish cutting through the flesh. That's a man right there. The book is really good though, because it basically discusses how he left corporate America(his job at Intel) to go out into nature and climb mountains. Anyone who has the balls to do that(that would be my dream if I never got married, I'd walk around or kayak instead of climb mountains though) is on my hero list. If all three of you faithful readers can wait about two weeks, you'll get a lot of my own original poetry and maybe an act or two of my play. By the by, is anyone else pissed that Penn State is playing against a team that has no right at all being in the BCS? Well I sure am. Whatever though, the system is messed up beyond belief. Until next time,

mh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home