Sunday, December 18, 2005

no rest...ever

well, actually I lied. There will be a great deal of rest that will happen this week, but life will keep spinning out of control after that I'm sure.

wednesday- I had my last final at 1 and was exuberant to have finished it without much problem at all. Seriously, I studied enough that I only had to seriously think about five of the questions. I ended up getting a 43/50 which guaranteed my A in the class. That was like a load off my shoulders for sure. After that, I decided to treat myself and I went down to princess before the match started and bowled three games. The first game I was killing it. I didn't miss the pocket once and shot something like 243. Everything after that was downhill. I couldn't find a line and wasn't really interested in finding one. I was there to have fun and that's what I did. I couldn't tell you what I had, but it was probably a low 600 if I was to guess. The match was beginning just as I finished my bowling, so I went down there. The guys didn't bowl that well, but it was enough to take care of Seton. The girls, in typical baldwin fashion, won the first game, lost the second, and then came back with vindication in the third game to topple former section champ Seton and gain soul possession of the section lead. Good for them. That amy girl on Seton has her head up her ass and I'm glad she left it there during the match. Great job to all the girls, and as usual, all the guys. Later, we went out to U's which is a chinese buffet if you've been sleeping under a rock for the last five years. It was fun for sure, but the same pitch that defined last year's team just isn't there this year. Hopefully we'll find it by the time section and WPIAL championships come. For the rest of the night I talked to anna and celebrated freedom by writing.
thursday- My first real day of freedom. I didn't do ANYTHING all day and then went to work later. That's about all. I won't bore you with details of what I do while I'm at home. Oh, by the way, thumbs down to the OC so far this year. Too many happy endings.
friday- I woke up at 653 to a text from anna and I read it and as I was typing a reply, I fell back asleep. I got up at 1050 and was out of the door to go to the pizza hut buffet in 15 min. I didn't want pizza hut so I went to wendy's instead. Their burgers are great, but they're only good if you've had some reprise from them, and the three months before that I'd gone without them did the trick. I walked over to pizza hut buffet and nayhouse, bradburn, snake, and dave grusch(wow, that's a blast from the past) were already beginning their destruction of the buffet. Eventually, some kid named CJ(maybe?), Dan(who I know from comm 150), leigh, nicole, and dan bowman showed up there. I didn't want to pay for the buffet but I wanted cinnamon sticks bad. Nayhouse got them for me and I was taking them down like shots of bacardi to avoid having to pay the six bucks. That and the mountain dew got my heart racing. We left there and went to nayhouse's to play pool. I won the 9 ball tourney when I beat bradburn by making two tough shots in a row. Nayhouses' drawing on the board reminded me of the prop bet we made awhile ago. 15 days or so left buddy. Looks like you're gonna win, unless I pull out a stunning miracle. Haha. In 9 ball, nayhouse made the 8 ball or we would have beat bradburn and snake in the finals. The last tourney had myself and nicole beating nayhouse and leigh in a single game. By far the funniest though was the death match that occured between leigh and bradburn. I don't remember who won, but some sticks were almost about to be used as weapons. After that, we went to the high school to see some old teachers. Bradburn and snake talked to kreur, and afterwards we went to senora's room and she gave me some helpful hints about getting a teaching job after college. Finally, we made our rounds to tietz's room. As always, he and I debated about politics, sports, and NASCAR(which we both agreed was not a sport). I respect his views, I just don't agree with them at all. I think the same holds true for bowman. I respect that he's a hardline republican, but I completely disagree with everything that goes on in Washington. No child left behind was a great plan for funneling money to poorer schools, but in reality, it has done the opposite by making schools pass tests. Sure, you get money when your school does poorly, but it gives your district a bad rep. and nobody wants their children to go to schools like that(I wouldn't mind it). The economy is recovering, but not quickly enough. Measures have to be taken to pour money into American industry instead of shipping billions worth of money and jobs overseas. The war on terrorism is a disaster, and I think that all republicans can agree with me on that as well. We've lost over 2000 men and commited 150,000 more men to a cause that we've seen little out of. I mean, we got Saddam and his brothers, but have we made the country a better place? Here's the point where we have to examine if our system is ALWAYS the best thing. The answer is no, and Iraq is one of the best examples of where it was not ripe for regime change. If we were to go after every single leader that ever killed civilians for going against the country, we'd be in quite a few countries. We're not. It's all about the oil people. Bush's handling of Katrina was a joke. I don't think it's because bush hates black people, but rather because he has no decision making abilities whatsoever. Social security reform needs to happen. In typical bush fashion, he talked a big game at the start of 2005, but he quickly shut down his plan in, oh, february when he realized it might take a little effort to get it passed through the house and congress. There's a president who cares about us. Scandal after scandal have deteriorated from the credibility of the oval office. His one good thing this year was the appointment of John Roberts, who I have no problem with. Personally, I'm with him on gay marriage too. I DON'T WANT TO SEE TWO HOMOS KISSING IN THE APARTMENT NEXT TO ME. That's gross, really. Good job Bush. Anyways, the tirade is over. Later, bradburn, myself, booter vidt, nicole, and leigh went to the penguin game. It was mighty fun minus the fighting between bradburn and leigh. After the game, all of us plus nayhouse went to Denny's. All in all, one of the best days I've had in awhile.
saturday- Work was okay, nothing great. After work, my family and I went to bravo's in the galleria to meet my uncle Dave, his family, and my grandparents for a Christmas dinner. The food was really good and I got to hear the mt. lebo accent for the first time in eight months. It kind of pisses me off that they speak so proper, but you can't really say anything bad about them. When we were done, we went back over to my grandma's house and had dessert and opened gifts. I got a best buy gift card and a book The Historian which looks good. I helped my grandparents get their tree up and pack their stuff to go to florida on tuesday. We went home at about nine and I relaxed for the rest of the night.
today- Work was actually pretty fun. Mindy and I talked about making a show about all the different people that come down to the store. I think it would be pretty funny. I ate dinner and then called anna and had a good convo with her. We decided that if we live in the same house there's gonna be a slide instead of steps and we'll have a big pit of balls like they used to have at DZ(a.k.a Leaps and Bounds for you old timers). I got ready and then my mom and I went to see ryan russman sing at the baltimore house. It was really fun, and I thought that he was the best one there, although he ended up finishing third. I think the judging was fixed because the girl who won sucked really bad. Whatever, third is good. I returned to my house and typed up a blog post.

I guess I have to start to thinking about what I want to do on this break. Hanging out with anna when she's on break and finishing the first act of my play are both high on the list. Also included is getting a hair cut, beating the zelda game for N64(the good one, not majora's mask), relaxing, finding a dark side of the moon poster, and hanging out with people coming home from college. I haven't even started thinking about 2006 yet, although at the start of the year I want to do an experiment for my curiosity only. I won't inform you guys what it is, I'll just tell you if it worked or not. Haha. Finishing my play and second book of poetry are high on the list for sure. I think enjoying life is #1 though. I was reminded today as I was carrying out bags of calcium chloride that we live in the best country on the best planet in the universe. I mean, nothing gets better than this. Not too hot, not too cold, plenty to eat, air to breathe. All the simple things like the beauty of a 20 degree day or the encompassing blue sky are lost in our daily routines. Enjoying my summer will definitely be something that I'm going to value highly. I couldn't finish this without including one person: Anna. I'm looking forward to the new year and for every day that we talk or spend together. I love you.

Well system of a down's byob is on my random song generator and has ended my will to write. Haha. I have new poetry, but it's in my room and I'm saving it for a later date where a whole post might be dedicated to either an act of the play or my book of poetry. We'll see. Until then, eat, drink, be merry, and love life.

mh

2 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been made famous in this post yay. Btw I agree completely on the game, Bradburn and Leigh wanting to kill each other was definetely beyond the funny level and into the crazy level. See ya sometime over break.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. This is Steve Sobkiewicz. I did not give you permission to use my name. And even though I wasn't on the bus telling you how great I am we all still know how great I am. Even as I now live in Florida the Steve Sobkiewicz Baldwin Bowling legacy will live on FOREVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home